How to cook red borsch. Red borsch: secrets of the right color.
- Little tricks
- Cooking process
- How to cook a delicious red borsch?
- How to cook bright red borsch?
- How to cook red borsch with chicken?
- Video: RECIPE OF THE RIGHT BORSCHT from Petrovskogo / RED BORSCHT
- Product Preparation
- Serving to the table
- How to cook red borsch - recipe with step by step photos
Borsch is a hearty and tasty dish with a bunch of all kinds of recipes. Do you want to please your household with a delicious beetroot soup, but do not know a proven recipe? In this article, you will find an exhaustive answer to how to cook delicious red borscht quickly, hearty and very appetizing.
- To properly cook this dish, you need to know and do not forget to use small tricks. Not every hostess gets a tasty borscht, a real red or saturated burgundy color.
- In order not to spoil the overall impression of the aromatic dish with a pale yellowish tint, when frying beets, you need to add a little vinegar or lemon juice. Acid is an excellent protector of beetroot flavor. Beets should also be added at the very end of cooking, for 10-15 minutes, so that all the beauty does not boil and disappear.
- The secret of the unique aroma of real borsch is hidden in the addition of fresh garlic to the cooked dish before serving. Strengthen it and decorate will help fresh herbs, which have a fragrant and deep bouquet of tastes and smells.
- In order for the cabbage in the borsch to be well cooked and tasty, it must be chopped, a little salt and mashed with your hands until the vegetable gives a little juice. Only then add her cooking soup.
- To avoid a strange taste, carefully cook the meat broth, you need to carefully rid it of scale. If you cook meat in a slow cooker, then it is worth filtering the resulting broth, as it really loves to stick gray meat protein to the wall and bottom of the bowl of the slow cooker.
Amazing recipe for classic beetroot soup
Taking note of these tips, you can consider in detail step by step recipe traditional borsch with meat. To implement it, you will need the following required ingredients:
- 6 pcs medium potatoes;
- 4.5 liters of plain water;
- 1–1.5 kg of pork on the bone;
- 2 pcs. small beets and onions;
- 1 PC. medium carrots;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 boiled egg;
- 2 pcs. scarlet tomatoes;
- The amount of chopped cabbage should be more than half the volume of chopped potatoes. For our recipe, half the average fork is enough;
- Fat and sunflower oil refined for frying;
- Tomato - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Spices and fresh herbs to taste;
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar and sugar.
Step by step recipe with video
First of all, we clean all the vegetables, ending this dirty business, thoroughly rinse the meat, put it and 2 whole potatoes in a pan, fill it all with water. Cook until meat is cooked.
Scalp fresh tomatoes with boiling water and remove the skin and the regimen with ease. We chop all the vegetables in advance, chop the garlic. Now you can start the most important thing - vegetable frying.
We fry fat until it turns into roasting, remove them and drive a little oil. Fry the garlic and add onions to it, bring everything to a golden color, followed by carrots and beets. Here we recall our first little trick about adding lemon juice or vinegar essence. We connect tomatoes and tomato to this delicious dressing, fry it all, stirring gently. Season this yummy and simmer until the water disappears completely. Turn off and set aside.
By this time, our meat and potatoes were probably cooked. We get it, separate the pulp from the seeds and put it back into our broth. Grind the potatoes thoroughly until smooth and send after the meat, here we cook the remaining chopped potatoes. When it is boiled, add the beetroot and grated boiled egg. Immediately spread the salted cabbage and fresh herbs. Bring to a boil, turn off and let it brew under a closed lid for about 20 minutes. Congratulations, you have prepared a delicious family dinner!
- A national dish of Russian cuisine, which is a hot first dish of meat and vegetables. Usually it has a saturated red color, but many housewives sometimes have a problem - the cooked soup quickly fades and becomes pale. Today we will tell you how to cook bright red borscht deliciously.
How to cook a delicious red borsch?
- pork - 300 g;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- beets - 1 pc.;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- potatoes - 4 pcs.;
- white cabbage - 400 g;
- fresh greens;
- sour cream - for serving;
Process the meat, rinse thoroughly, put in a pan, fill with water and cook for about an hour until half cooked, salting to taste. In the meantime, we are preparing vegetables: washing and cleaning them. When the pork is half ready, add the chopped potatoes and chopped cabbage to it.
After that, put a frying pan on the fire, heat it, pour vegetable oil and spread onions, chopped in half rings, carrots chopped into strips, beets, chopped pepper and parsley. Stew for 5-7 minutes all, and then put the frying in a pan. Cover the top with a lid, turn down the heat and cook the soup for about 15 minutes. Then we let it brew, pour it on plates, season with sour cream and serve.
How to cook bright red borsch?
- pork tenderloin - 500 g;
- white cabbage - 1 fork;
- carrots - 3 pcs.;
- Bulgarian green pepper - 3 pcs.;
- red tomatoes - 4 pcs.;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- lard - 150 g;
- beets - 1 pc.;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- potatoes - 400 g;
We process vegetables, and pre-soak the meat if possible all night. Then we put it in a pan, fill it with water and set it on fire. When the water boils, remove the scum, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and go on to prepare the roasting. We cut fat and onion finely, and thinly chop the beets and carrots.
Then we put it in the pan and, when it puts in the fat, we throw the onion and pass it to a characteristic smell. Then add the beets, carrots, pour a little broth, put the grated tomatoes and pour a little sugar. When the meat is almost ready, pull it out and cut into small cubes. We also chop the cabbage, and chop the pepper into cubes. Next, the meat with cabbage, pepper and potatoes are returned to the pot and boil over low heat until the vegetables are tender.
At the end of cooking, put the frying in the borsch, mix and let it boil. Then we throw the chopped dill, garlic, mix, try on salt and leave to infuse for about a day. The next day we pour bright red soup on plates and proudly treat our relatives.
How to cook red borsch with chicken?
- chicken - 600 g;
- beets - 1 pc.;
- potatoes - 5 pcs.;
- beans - 150 g;
- cabbage - 300 g;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- tomato paste - 1 tbsp. spoon;
- bay leaf - 3 pcs.;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. spoons.
To begin, boil the beans until fully cooked. In another pan, cook the chicken. We process and cut potatoes, onions and carrots in any shape. After that, we throw the vegetables into the meat broth. We clean the beets, grate and simmer for 5-7 minutes on vegetable oil.
Then we add tomato paste to it and mix it as it should. Thinly shred the cabbage and squeeze the juice out of it with your hands. We clean the garlic, chop it and throw it in a pan with meat, laying out beans, cabbage and beets in turn. Season with spices, cover the soup with a lid, let it boil for about 10 minutes, season with chopped herbs and remove from the stove.
Video: RECIPE OF THE RIGHT BORSCHT from Petrovskogo / RED BORSCHT
Video: Ukrainian Red Borsch | COOKING EASY
This recipe is probably long known to many housewives, because it is considered the most traditional dish of Russian cuisine. That's right, today we will talk about how to cook tasty and bright, delighting our loved ones with an excellent meal. This dish appeared in Russia a very long time ago. Most likely, it was the very first option for cooking soup, invented in Russian villages and glorified local culinary specialists. The recipe for this dish has changed and improved over the centuries, taking into account all the features and shortcomings. As a result, over the course of centuries, borsch has not only not become obsolete, but, on the contrary, has become increasingly popular, gaining fans and amateurs. Today, a person can no longer imagine Russian cuisine without a recipe for preparing a famous dish.
What it is
What is this dish and how to cook red borscht delicious and satisfying? This is a soup mix of various vegetable ingredients with the addition of meat. Properly cooked borsch is not only beautiful in color, but also has a wonderful taste and high level of usefulness, because vegetables contain a large amount of vitamins and minerals.
What do you need
Before we talk about how to cook red borsch, we find out what ingredients we need for this. Take meat broth, one beetroot, three potatoes, three carrots, one onion, half a head of cabbage and, naturally, a small piece of meat (preferably beef). These ingredients are an incomplete list, as each housewife has her own unique recipe. However, the traditional cooking option is based on this set.
We recommend taking beef, because its taste goes well with a mix of vegetables. So, we begin to explain how to cook red borsch. In order for the dish to turn out really tasty, it is necessary to prepare it not from the Maggi cube, but on the basis of a real meat broth. Given this fact, put the meat to cook in advance, a few hours before the start of cooking directly borsch. When the beef is completely cooked, we take it out of the broth on a separate plate. This is necessary so that in the process of further cooking it does not boil. The meat broth is ready, you can start cooking vegetables.
Under running water, we clean the beets and cut it into several parts. Put in a boiling broth and hold there for about 15 minutes. Then everything is done according to the well-known recipe - we lay all the chopped vegetables and wait for them to be fully cooked. At this stage, you can already put the meat so that it becomes even softer. We take the beets from the finished soup. It should be dull, because it gave color to our borsch, but there is one trick. We rub the finished beets on a grater and get a colored vegetable, since inside it does not lose its color. Add it to our dish, and cooking is complete. Now you have learned how to cook red borsch to please their loved ones. In serving, when serving, it is ideal to put a spoonful of sour cream and sprinkle with finely chopped herbs on top.
Borsch (thick vegetable soup-stew) - very tasty and healthy dish containing a large amount of vitamins. It is convenient to cook it immediately in large quantities (on the second or third day, the borscht only tastes better), and it is easy to buy vegetables for borscht year round.
For novice housewives, borsch often turns out not red, but purple. To avoid this, you need to follow some rules. As an example, let's try to learn how to cook borsch, so that it is red.
Quick article navigation
First you need to prepare the main ingredients for borsch:
- Peel and slice potatoes;
- Chop cabbage;
- Peel and chop the beets;
- Finely chop the onion;
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater;
- And also finely chop the tomatoes.
Borsch is prepared in several stages, simultaneously using a pan and a frying pan:
- First you need to put on the fire broth for borsch;
- While the broth boils, pour a little vegetable oil on a heated frying pan and fry the onions until transparent;
- Then put the carrots and mix well, fry for a couple of minutes, until the carrots become soft;
- Put potatoes in the boiling broth;
- In a frying of onions and carrots, put the beets;
- Add a little water or broth to the pan, mix and leave to simmer over low heat for about five minutes;
- In a boiling broth put cabbage and mix;
- Add finely chopped tomatoes or tomato paste to the pan;
- If necessary, add a little water or broth and leave to simmer for another 5-7 minutes;
- Then shift the vegetables from the pan to the pan and mix;
- Try, if necessary, add salt and pepper;
- Bring to readiness over low heat;
- Season the finished borsch with crushed garlic;
- In the end - turn off the stove, cover the borscht and let it brew for at least fifteen minutes.
Serving to the table
Borsch should be poured into plates and, if desired, add sour cream, and also sprinkled with chopped herbs.
- Garlic croutons or donuts (small buns from yeast dough , greased on top with crushed garlic and salt);
- If desired, you can do without garlic, but the taste will be less saturated;
- Potatoes can be removed or replaced with pre-soaked beans;
- Borsch can be cooked in meat or vegetable broth, or simply in water - in this case, when cooking, add black allspice and bay leaf;
- It is the tomatoes that do not let the beets whiten and give the borsch a beautiful red-orange color, so it is important that they be ripe, with the flesh of a rich red color;
- If the tomatoes are not ripe or red enough, it is better to use tomato paste instead (or with them).
with your friends in the social. networks:
Red borscht is a very tasty and beloved first course, but there are several points that must be taken into account when preparing it. In particular, it is important to maintain its beautiful red color. A “correct” shade will only come out if you correctly select the proportions of beets and tomato paste. If you get a skew in the "beet" side, then the borsch will not be red, but burgundy. And if you put too much tomato paste, then the dish will likely have an orange tint. So do not overdo it with either one or the other. And even more important is the presence of vinegar in the recipe. It is he who serves as a kind of color fixer.
How to cook red borsch - recipe with step by step photos
- 1 carrot;
- 1-2 bulbs;
- 200-300 g of meat on the bone;
- 1 large beetroot;
- 300 g of potatoes;
- 300 g of white cabbage;
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- vinegar 1 tbsp. spoon;
- bay leaf - 1 pc.;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- cloves - 2-3 pcs.;
- black pepper peas - 3-4 pcs.;
- salt to taste.
Cooking. First of all, you need to put the meat on the bone to cook - it is very convenient to use pork ribs. As it boils, a gray scale begins to form, which must be removed. Cook after boiling for another couple of minutes, then pour the water, and rinse the meat with bones well (although the meat soup on the bone is very tasty, quite a lot of harmful elements accumulate in the bones, most of which can be eliminated, just drain the first water, in which they were cooked). Transfer the washed bones to a pot of water in which the soup will be cooked and put on fire.
Peel the necessary vegetables. Grate the carrots, chop the onion.
Grate beets too.
Cut the potatoes into slices and you can send it to the pot, cook to the bones. Send cabbage there too. However, you can cook soup without it.
First, gently fry the carrots with onions in sunflower oil.
Then add the beets and sauté until they are soft. Put tomato paste in a frying pan (if there is, then it would be better to add chopped fresh tomato instead). Lastly, pour vinegar into the pan, mix all its contents, and you can remove from the heat. Thanks to the addition of vinegar, the beets will retain their color and the soup will be saturated with red. If vinegar is not added, the soup will turn pale.
Transfer vegetables from the pan to the soup. At this stage, there is another very important point: before you transfer the vegetables from the pan to the pan, you need to make sure that the cabbage and potatoes are cooked. If the vinegar gets into the pot with the soup ahead of time, the undercooked potato will remain tough no matter how much it is later cooked. After laying out the vegetables, cook the soup under the lid for another 10 minutes, then put spices and salt. Let stand under the lid for some more time.
Serve with sour cream, garnished with fresh herbs.
PS: If this master class turned out to be useful for you, you can say “thank you” to its author by writing a comment or pressing the button of your favorite social network under publication.
The design of the master class used copyright photos of Elena Selyun. Copying is prohibited!